Revolute or Articulated Configuration
The Revolute configuration comprises a number of rigid arms connected by
rotary joints, rotary movement at the base is also provided. Since all movements are by
angular rotation of the joints complex calculations are often needed to move the arm in
- Extremely good manoeuvrability
- Ability to reach over obstructions
- Easy front, side, rear, and overhead access.
- Large reach for small floor area.
- Slim design, allows integration into restricted workspace.
- Fast movements due to rotary joints.
- Can traverse complex continuous paths.
Spot and arc welding, adhesive placing etc.